Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's All About Your Presentation

Ok, so today's theme was "presentation"...and would you believe most people just don't have it. Actually, this theme started last night. Kyle and I had a discussion about the way he presents things to people. Then today, it was both of my bosses. The thing to keep in mind is that there are several ways to say the same message....but usually there's the best way to say it that would not only accomplish what you want, but also not leave a bad feeling between you and the other person. It's something I have been really trying to work on myself--it's not easy. And there are times that you just can't take what someone says personally....so, it really works both ways, ya know?
Ok, enough of that. I am trying to wrap up some Christmas shopping--I am having better luck online than in the stores, but it's just not as fun to not walk around and look at stuff. But it's definitely much easier--no long lines, no cranky people! And you know me--I am known to voice my opinion when someone gets me started!
I am feeling much better today--I broke down a took a headache pill and it worked (should've done it 4 days ago...) Tonight, we went to Wal-Mart and picked out a gift for our Angel Tree baby and also picked up a few things for the kids for "stocking stuffers". The kids can hardly stand it--I put presents under the tree and they are dying to get into them! I remember as a kid, Christmas seemed a long time away at this time. But as an adult, it's here and gone before you know it!
Well, I have to go watch the fall finale of Jericho--that show is SO addicting!!

No comments: