Sunday, September 17, 2006

Poseidon Adventure

We watched Poseidon last night and I must say that it is such a good movie. Yes, Josh Lucas is hot and was my primary reason for renting the movie, however the movie was great once I watched it. I was on the edge of the couch the entire movie! Granted, it has a few moments that seem straight out of couple other movies (think Titantic and Armageddon), but it was still a great show. So, if you need a rental, there ya go!
Well, this weekend went as quickly as every other weekend. I hate Mondays. Oh well, it gets me closer to the next weekend, huh?
So, I wonder how class will be this week? Our professor didn't post a discussion question for us, however we have a quiz in class, so I am sure we will reap our punishment. Oh well, this is class #5 of 8 total, so we are on the downhill stretch for this class. However, we will enjoy yet another 8 weeks with him for the next class. Joy.
In Sunday School today, we discussed a chapter out of the book we are reading For Women Only. It was discussing respect for your husband in terms of his actions, communications, and abilities. Yes, I will admit on an open post that I am not the best at this. My husband doesn't get far the respect from me that he deserves. I know that I really need to work on building him up and conveying my appreciation for what he does. So, that'll be my goal. Here's my first effort--Kyle, thank you for being the secret to my success. Without you, I wouldn't be able to do nearly as much! I may be the one pursuing the Master's degree, but in reality it would not be possible without your support. You have been completely unselfish about my desires and pursuit of goals. You listen to my gripes, you take the kids out of the house for extended study time, and you play Mom and Dad while I am in class. For that, thank you.
The guys are reading "Wild At Heart" in Sunday School and I am told by some of the women in the class that I need to read this book when the guys get done with their lesson. (FYI, the couples' class has split into Men and Women classes for the purpose of gender studies for the next 8 weeks.) Evidently it's a pretty good insight into the men?? I'll let ya know when I read it.
Well, I think I am going to turn in early and get some extra rest.

No comments: