Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tidbits

Well, we are once again in Little Rock....tomorrow is Jim's quadruple bypass and I just pray that all goes well! I am nervous--I know it's "procedural" at this point, but you never know, especially with the aneurysm. So, say a prayer. I know that we are nearing the end of this exhausting process and that hopefully tomorrow's surgery will make him feel much better! However, I am a little disappointed in my visit so far. Ok, I was really craving PF Chang's. So, I thought we could find the LR one and get some take-out. So I ask the girl at the hotel desk if it was close or not. She tells me no that it's actually quite a distance from here. I was bummed. I really wanted some lettuce wraps. But, I knew Johnny Carino's was close, so I decided to just do a repeat of last week's visit. THEN, we pull up the LR location on the internet after we had already called in the JC order and guess where it is at.....3 BLOCKS FROM HERE! Ok, maybe it's far away if you had to walk alone, in the dark with your legs shackled together! But not when you have a car! HELLO! I am bummed. Oh well, JC's was good. Still bummed though.
On another note, I got my Stats and Research grade...an A-! Yes, I got an A. I was floored! But hey, I worked my butt off and although I didn't get as much out of the class as I would have wanted, it wasn't due to a lack of effort. So, I will take my A- and be very happy! :)
The class I am in right now is going alright. It's a much better topic I must say! Although, there is this crazy thing our professor does on each email he sends us. Instead of signing them "Sincerely" or "Best Regards", he signs them with a title of a song. So, the first time we get an email from him, it says all of this real important school stuff, then he signs it "Free Fallin', Mike". I am like, "WHAT?" So, I thought, you know--that's kind of cool (after I got it that is).
Well, it's late (Ok, it's 10 pm, but we have to be at the hospital early) and I am exhausted. I am not sure what my deal is lately, but I have been literally on the edge of exhaustion.

No comments: