Monday, August 21, 2006

4 Year Old Interpretations

Last night, we were down at my parents' house and the kids decided to put on a show for everyone. Their first song they sang is "My God is so Big"....well, I don't know if you know the lyrics or not but here's the way the chorus goes:
"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!"

Well, the kids get up and sing it for my parents, grandparents, and aunt and uncle. Kylie is singing at the top of her lungs:
"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God can do for you!"

I was ROLLING! She was definitely not singing the motivational version! :) However, today was her first day at preschool and she got a star! We were so proud of her! She even said she really liked her new school. Weston seems to enjoy 1st grade as well. I still cannot believe I have a child in 1st grade--time sure does fly! I bought a book today called "Let Me Hold You Longer" and its message is one that I will cherish. It is about remembering the "lasts" because we tend to embrace the firsts, but don't remember the last times. I can apply that thought in several areas of my life. And usually it's the "lasts" I wish I could remember. There are dates, times, moments that stick out because I made a mental note when it "first" happened, but I fight to remember the last time I saw someone, talked to them, or did something. I know that when my Aunt died a few years ago, I struggled to remember the last words I said to her, the last time I talked to her. For it is when someone is actually gone that we wish we could have back those last moments, wish that we could cherish the time. Whether it be losing a family member, losing a friend, or even a soulmate, it seems we get caught up in the moment of life and we wake up one day and it is over. Then, we struggle to hang on to that last memory with them.
I pray that I remember.

If you read this Tuesday morning, please say a prayer at 10 am for my step-dad. I hope all goes well tomorrow and I know it will be because we are all praying.

No comments: