Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lost and Found

Well, I did it again. I left a piece of me at one of my previous locations! Let me start from the beginning. May 2005, I went to San Diego and left my ring I had bought in Cancun in the lobby of the hotel on the last day there. Well, I just knew it was gone for good. However, 2 months later, a coworker convinced me to call the hotel and just check to see if someone might have turned it in. Well, it was there and shortly thereafter, they mailed it back to me!
So, fast forward to the present....I went to Nashville about 2 months ago, and ever since I have not been able to find my small digital camera. So, today I go out and buy a new one. Well, I told the same coworker that I had went and bought a new camera to take to DC this weekend. She asked if I had bothered to call the hotel and check to see if it had been returned. I told her no and she again convinced me to just check and see...guess what? It was there! They are mailing to me tomorrow....However, I am not sure how many items I have to leave behind before I learn my lesson!
Well, we leave for DC in just 36 hours! I have yet to pack a thing...Colin Powell is speaking Sunday at the conference I am attending and I hope to get to hear him...what an opportunity!

2 comments:

thirty-something said...

Have fun in DC. I've been a couple of times when I was younger. It's great. Hopefully you'll get to check out the Smithsonian museum. Lots and lots of awesome things to see!!
Greg heard Colin Powell speak when he worked for Wal-mart's home office and he said he is a great speaker.
What luck you have to find that stuff you thought you'd never see again!
Toodles..CJW

SheWolf said...

I am ready to go! Hopefully we'll have good weather while we're there.