Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Memorable Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great time this weekend! We went camping at Table Rock Lake in Missouri and just did NOTHING! Soooo nice! The kids rode bikes and swam in the lake. The trip started with some drama of course though....and yes, it involved the water! We pulled up at the campsites and realized there weren't any water hookups at the campsites, just electric. When I booked the spot, I never thought to check that on water hookups because I assumed if we had a 50 amp electric hook up, then water would be there too! However, that wasn't the case. So, we saw a water spicket at the next camp spot and since the people weren't there yet, Richie hurried and pulled the motorhome over there and filled up the water tank on the motorhome. And as he finished, the people for that spot pulled in the campground! We pulled back in our spot only to realize there was a place to fill our water tank within reach from our camp spot without having to move the motorhome! Oh well--we had water at that point and that's all that mattered.
And I am embarrassed to say that my kids are such city kids! When they saw the lake and found out that was the "pool" for the weekend, they both complained how the water was dirty! I was cracking up! After they got in though, they forgot about the "dirty" water and just swam and had a great time with the "waves" from the boats going by. And Landen got in the lake too, but he wasn't too fond of it. I was surprised because he just loves his bath! But I guess this wasn't the same.
At night, we sat outside and played games with the kids. They love playing the "ABC" game with food, names, etc and it brought many laughs. During the day, Kylie provided entertainment with her karaoke/dancing to ringtones and songs on our phones. Cheap entertainment, I know!!
And I didn't get a lot of pictures--well, I got some, but not as many as I wanted. I brought the camera, however the card wasn't in the camera, so it would only hold 10 pictures. And now, I can't get them off of the camera until I figured out where the cable is to plug it into the computer...and the pictures are so cute, too! However, Richie got a couple on his phone, so I included them!

The "dirty" pool!!
Landen's first swim in the lake!



1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds fun and I don't blame them a bit about "Dirty Water" I agree with them and I like the country. I love pool swimming and I don't mind the ocean if it is really clear blue water but not lakes (: Sounds like fun though and I love campfires and marshmallows