Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Still Employed!

Can I just say that today has been such a roller coaster?! It started out with a text from a coworker that a doctor we call on had passed away this morning. He just found out during spring break that he was terminally ill and so I knew it was inevitable news, but I honestly didn't think it would come today during all of this stress.
Anyway, I decided not to put my eye makeup on at that point. I knew it would be a wet-eyed day and there was no reason. Richie asked me if I wanted him to be with me during the news--he knew I was SO stressed and worried. Absolutely I wanted him there. I knew that I wouldn't handle the news well if it was bad. At 9 a.m., I saw my manager's name on my cell phone as her call came in and I wanted to throw up. Part of me just wanted to ignore the call. Maybe the whole thing would just go away? But, I needed to know. This last month of wonder was so frustrating, too. I answered the call and I hear, "Good morning, and yes, it's a good morning." I just started bawling--which would've happened either way because I had so much pent up emotion I was about to explode! She then proceeded to tell me I still had a job! WOO HOO! I was so relieved, but I was still stressed....what about my partners? what about her, my manager? I knew this was going to be one LONG DAY.
From there, the text messages started flying! Good news and bad news both. My partner did keep his job. Thank goodness! But my two other counterparts in our area lost theirs. That was some tough news to swallow. They have done this for 12 plus years! In fact, one of the girls is the reason I got my job. I then found myself wallowing in survivor's guilt. Why keep me? Why not them? I know the parameters for the retention were based on last year's sales performance, but it's still hard to not feel guilty. I was so sad for them. It's so hard to find employment right now.
At 11 a.m., my manager got her news....she is being retained as well! YEAH! Now, I am just waiting until 4 p.m. to find out my assignment.....I may not have her as a manager anymore based on the way the new territories/products are assigned. I am crossing my fingers and saying my prayers!
Overall, today has been a wonderful day for me and my family. I never even told the kids about this situation--I didn't want them to worry. If you know Weston, then you know he would've been so worried. I just couldn't do that to them. And now life will go on and then don't even have to miss a beat.
Thank you Lord, so much for the continual blessings you give me. Wow. You truly never cease to amaze me.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Whew, I am so happy for you! I was stressed for you! What a blessing!!

Erin said...

Wow! I'm so glad to hear your good news!! I know you are SO relieved!

SheWolf said...

Thank you girls SO much! I am very relieved and happy! This was such an emotionally draining situation and I pray we never have to experience this again!
Thanks for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers!