Friday, June 04, 2010

C25K Progress

When I started the Couch Potato to 5k app for my iPhone about 6 1/2 months ago I was skeptical. I didn't really think there was any way I could run a 5k, much less more than 5 minutes at a time. Remember--I AM NOT A RUNNER. AT ALL. However, I was so proud of myself Wednesday night--I ran for 20 minutes straight without stopping or walking! This C25k thing really works! I am only on week 6 of the program, but yes, I have been doing it for 6 plus months now. However, in my defense, it's not that the program is that hard (it was hard though), but it's more of the fact that if I don't get at least 3 runs in per week, then I am just not ready for the next week's program. So, I have had to run a few of the weeks over because I couldn't build up enough stamina. Also, there were some times during the winter that the weather was bad and it kind of messed up my flow, too. I have tried supplementing on my elliptical, but it's not the same at all. Running outside on the solid surface is so much more difficult than the elliptical....But, now I am at the point I have to run 3 times per week because of how much continual running is required....ANYWAY, I really think I might have a shot at the 5k goal I set for myself for Freedom Fest. That would be so cool! YEAH!!!

No comments: