Wednesday, June 16, 2010

He's Not Finished With Me Yet...Thank Goodness!

The other day while I was driving, I was listening to the Christian satellite channel and the announcer guy was introducing a song I had heard several times. However, he said a few things about the song that gave me this whole different perspective on it!
He talked about patience. I had always thought of patience and then thought of my kids. How I need more patience with them, etc. But I had never thought of patience when I thought of my interactions with other adults. I guess with kids, having patience is necessary because we know they are still growing and learning. But, when we become adults, we assume that we know better. However, the announcer pointed out that God is still working in each of our lives. He is not finished with us yet. So, we need to be patient with each other. We are going to make mistakes, disappoint each other, and let each other down. But, God is SO patient with us, so why not be patient with each other? It was so humbling. I am the world's worst about "checking out" when I am disappointed or hurt by someone. I toss my hands up and say "I'm done". And what if God had done that with me? Goodness knows I have disappointed him SO many times it's not funny!
So, it gave me a newfound perspective! The song is by Brandon Heath and it's called, "Wait and See (He's Not Finished With Me Yet) and here's the chorus and a line that really hit this message of being patient home:

There is hope for me yet
Because God won’t forget
All the plans he’s made for me
I have to wait and see
He’s not finished with me yet
Still wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something
So now’s my time to be a man
Follow my heart as far as I can
No telling where I’m ending up tonight
I never slow down or so it seems
But singing my heart it’s one of my dreams
All I gotta do is hold on tight

No comments: