Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wednesday in my world


Here's a picture from Thanksgiving in our condo--we were being totally nuts! Then, there's Kylie standing there with a smirk on her face as to say, "My family, what can I say--they're crazy!"

Well, today was not so bad...I had a job offer, a free lunch, dinner w/my Mom and brother, and my church agreed to help raise funds for my Guatemala trip! Pretty eventful.

Ok, to settle your curiosity--no, I am not interested in the job that was offered to me. I'll leave it at that.

Secondly, I went and visited with the Pastor of my church about my upcoming Guatemala trip. He asked if I would present in front of the church in January about the upcoming trip in hopes of people donating toward the trip. I told him if the church would donate, I wouldn't mind to pay my own way--I am willing to let 100% of those donations go toward the 3-5 projects we are going to do while we are there. He then asked me to put together a slideshow when I returned to share with the church about my trip--I was thrilled! AND, this is all to be done during the morning service--I know that sounds small, but actually it's huge. Pulpit time on a Sunday morning is not given out lightly!

My Dad went to Illinois (purely coincidental) to purchase about 200 or so pairs of skates for our rink! They are brand new and were such a great price. Then, he's head to Kentucky to pick up a few hundred more that are used, but will be great to have on hand if we get swamped on the weekends. Then, he found an M-4 machine (simulator ride) for our rink!! It will be such fun for the kids!

I am ready to get started on some of this stuff!

No comments: