Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Manic Monday

I haven't had a chance to really sit down and write about what happened to me Monday. So, I am walking across the parking into work--look cute in my new off-white gauchos, red heels...you get the point. Then, bam out of nowhere my left ankle gives out and I fall flat on my face. I didn't trip on anything, I just crumbled to the ground. I broke this ankle in high school during a cheerleading stunt, so it's never been the same since. Every now and then it will give out, but usually it's in a discreet place. But no, on Monday I have to fall right in the middle of the parking lot where anyone looking out a back window would see me and anyone arriving at work would witness this. Classy. So, I had a bloody knee with a big bruise and a twisted ankle. As I was on the ground, I tried to decide if I should pretend I am looking for a contact or just gracefully collect myself and keep going. I got up brushed my pants off, threw my school bag and purse back over my shoulder and hobbled about another 10 feet before the entire contents of my school bag decided to dump out everywhere. I can barely walk at this point, let alone bend over and pick all of my stuff up. I managed to gather it all back up and get to my cubicle. Needless to say, I got the worst of Monday out of the way before I got in the building!
Today I am fighting a horrible head cold though--I can't breathe, my head hurts, and I am about as deaf as my husband! I am ready for these meds to take effect.

No comments: