Thursday, December 28, 2006

I have officially crossed over!!

Ok, I told myself a couple of years ago I would not buy an i-Pod....everyone was getting them, so I decided I would resist the bandwagon. I am sorry to report that as of December 26, 2006, I officially joined the club. Yes, I own an i-Pod...an i-Pod video at that! I decided that when I crossed over, I would sprint to the other side. So, I bought the biggest, baddest i-Pod ever. So far, so good! I am still learning how to use it, but I can already tell it's going to change how I travel. No more boring plane rides--now I can watch Lost, Jericho, and all my favorite shows on the plane!
Ok, it's the end of the year and it's time to look back on the year and examine signs of our time! I thought it would be interesting to do this quiz to reflect back on what 2006 meant to me:

2006--What kind of year was it???

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?

This year, I began working on my Master's degree in Leadership and Ethics. Yes, I have started grad school before, but this time I am 4 classes away from a degree!


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I honestly don't remember my New Year's resolutions, so I probably didn't keep them. But this year, I will make some. First, I am going to try to exercise on a consistent basis (notice I didn't give a specific consistency). Second, I will finish my Master's degree.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

I honestly don't remember anyone close to me having a baby, but I know several, several people pregnant and due in 2007--mostly May and June babies, so I will have some babies to report on next year!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, not this year.

5. What countries did you visit?

I went to Mexico with the fam this year!!!

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?

A HOUSE!!!! A toned body! Confidence!

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

July 8th--the beginning of the end.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

School, surviving another day in this "house"

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Well, I did fall on my face a few weeks ago, but no serious injuries.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Probably my i-Pod video!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

I am going to sound a little conceited, but I am giving props to myself. I have really made a concerted effort to "let go" and not get emotionally attached to issues. It's still an effort in progress, but I can definitely tell that things don't bother me as much as they would have.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Too many to list...

14. Where did most of your money go?

Debt. Clothes.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Opportunities! Hopefully this time next year I will get to report about an awesome skating rink.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?

Fergalicious. Rockstar.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer?

I am happier definitely. I am fatter though and I guess richer if you view it in terms of paying off some stuff.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Read books. Camping--we didn't get to go at all this year!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Work. Studied (although it did pay off).

20. How will you be spending New Year’s?

Not sure yet--no definite plans.

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?

Already there.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Definitely Jericho!! Then Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Deal or No Deal.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't "hate" anyone--but there are a few I don't care for.

26. What was the best book you read?

Well, I don't think I read anything but school books--but I definitely wrote enough in this blog to be considered a book.

27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?

John Mayer. Jack Johnson.

29. What did you want and not get?

A HOUSE!!!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Probably Charlotte's Web. Great message.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 28. I went to work and then went to class...YUCK!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Getting a house, being debt free.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?

Red high heels! 80's themed--belts, long sweaters, fitted jeans.

34. What kept you sane?

This blog--the ability to write! :)

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Reese Witherspoon.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

The war. The economy. The price of gas (yes, this is political believe it or not).

37. Who did you miss?

No one really--I have everyone I need.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Ananda--she and I have become such great friends! I will be sad when school is over!! :)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:

Letting go--learning to move on.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good"

--John Mayer's "The Heart of Life"

No comments: