Thursday, May 13, 2010

School's Back in Session

Well, I officially started my class last night. Online classes are so much nicer--I don't have to waste an hour of drive time, not to mention the information is at my leisure--I read/listen when I have the time, so no missed ballgames, etc.
But I have my work cut out for me. Several papers, discussion questions, etc. And with everything going on in our lives right now, I will definitely have to find the time to work on this stuff. But it will be so worth it in the end to have this degree! Even if that is 4 years from now!
You know Moses? The story of him...the reluctant leader. The one that didn't volunteer to be in charge, but God told him he was going to be anyway. And, what a great job he did. Well, I encourage you to tell my husband thank you. Why? Because for the last several weeks he has been serving as your "acting" Chief of the town and he still has many more weeks to go until the Chief returns from VA. He didn't ask for this responsibility, but he has done so good so far. He has a lot of junk to deal with and a lot placed on his plate, but he has been such a servant to get the job done. He would never tell anyone this. He is not the "pomp and circumstance" kind of leader. In fact, I will probably be in trouble for telling you about all of this. But I am proud of him. He has an incredibly difficult task, but I know he will serve the department well in this interim role. Thank you Richie!

2 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

He is/will continue to do a fine job! Being the "ring leader" is never easy.

P.S. Get him some J.Maxwell for Fathers Day. He is THE KING of Leadership.

SheWolf said...

Thank you for the idea! God love him, he's had his work cut out, but he is doing amazing! I am such a proud wife right now!! Thanks!