Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


I know I am a day behind, but that's why I get to celebrate Mother's Day....because I am a Mommy and I am sooo busy that nothing is posted on time!
We had everyone over to the house for mother's day and grilled hamburgers! My MIL bought a cake that appropriately honored all 3 special occasions...it had a graduate cap, balloons, and flowers to mark the graduation, birthday, and mother's day holidays and simply said "Happy Days to All!"
I got some sweet gifts for mother's
day.

Kylie made this poster for me with her picture and a few tidbits about her....it was so cute!
Weston made me a great recipe card holder. He kept saying, "Mom you probably won't like my gift, it's ugly." I told him it was great! He did such an awesome job on it! Landen and Richie bought me Mad Men Season 1....I haven't watched any of this show yet, but my Mom keeps raving about how good it is, so I wanted to watch it (at my leisure of course). This was also my first Mother's Day as a mom of three....I kind of had "Westonitis" (see his birthday post) because I guess I felt like the day came and went and it wasn't really "Mother's Day"....something about it just made it seem like any other day. I guess I just looked forward to it and then it wasn't what I expected? Don't know, but felt like it wasn't what I thought it would be....Anyway!
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!
I have several posts from today documenting all the weekend's events, so be sure and look back!!

No comments: