Friday, March 19, 2010

A Sure Sign I'm Old....And I Need to Clean Out My Garage!



Remember these? If not, they are called "cassette tapes". They are virtually obsolete! I found this box in the garage this evening while I was doing a little spring cleaning. (A sure sign it's time to clean out my garage if I still have cassette tapes in it...) My poor family came home and since it was so nice outside, I put everyone to work--it's spring, that means it's time to clean! During my cleaning, I came across my cassette tape holder and had some MAJOR flashbacks!
Do you remember the Nelson twins? The blonde guys? I had (ok, technically should say still "have") that cassette...how about Debbie Gibson? Tiffany? How about "Rump Shaker"? But I think my favorite to run across was DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. The tape with "Parents Just Don't Understand" on it....too funny! I think I remember some of the guys doing a skit to it in middle school....James, Mikey, Ben?
Anyway, all that box did was make me feel really old...my kids don't even know what "cassettes" are!
P.S. That's not my Adam Sandler tape....I have no clue where I picked that up from!

1 comment:

Stacy Carter said...

What very vivid memories!! Yes that was James. He was always on the stage doing something!!