Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Beautiful Disaster

So, yesterday was one sweet mess after another. I won't get deep with the initial details, it was just a "de ja vu" sort of day--let's just say I am not keen about reliving past problems. So, by the end of the day, I was beat. I just get tired of people--meddling people, rude people, and those who think judgementalism gets them somewhere. Why can't we all just get along? Then I get to worrying what's wrong with me? I know my handicap with people--I am a person who is confident in her opinions and feelings. I am not fake. I don't kiss butt and I don't put up with crap. So, that sort of limits me at times. But I won't compromise me. I hate to think that because I don't roll over for others that I am a bad person. I have a small pool of the greatest best friends in the world. I have learned that I am the type that has a few very close friends. Others I am acquaintances with....that's it. So, to Amy W.--you are a jewel. You get me. Why? Because we are SO alike!! It's nice to know that there is no crap in our friendship. I love your candidness, your listening skills, and that you believe in me!! To Richie, it's a blessing to have a man that's got my back. You don't take crap either and for that I admire you. It's so nice to be able to cry on your shoulder and feel you kiss me on the head and say that it's going to be OK. It's sweet to hear you say that even if it's just me and you, that's all you need.
It's those that I am the most alike that I most bond with. I have learned as I age that you can't win them all, so you enjoy the ones that are true.
So, here's how the day ended....we were at Weston's ballgame and I was down. The guys lost the game, the day had been rough, and as we got up to leave, I walked down the bleachers. I made it to the last one and BAM! I feel flat on my rear! I think I would've been more embarrassed if I had been more with it. But instead, my mind was in a fog, so I just got up and walked on. I didn't even care if the whole world saw me! Luckily another Mom was sitting there and she caught me on the way down.
I was ready to go to bed last night when it was time!

No comments: