Friday, September 28, 2007

Of Mice and (Wo)Men

Ok, I love my new house--but the uninvited guests have gotta go! I HATE mice! But when you live smack dab in a pasture, well you get lots of "field" mice. So, I have these glue traps set out to catch them. I hate the sound of the SNAP! old-timey mousetraps, but I think I might hate the squeal of a stuck mouse even worse.
I took the day off today and was standing in my kitchen when I hear "EEE! EEE! EEE!" coming from my laundry room. ICK-a mouse! I am petrified of them being in the house. I just hate the thought of something having the run of the house and catch stand them!
So, I call Richie, but it was about 1:30 and he wasn't going to be off work for a few more hours. Well, I couldn't stand the noise, plus I couldn't leave my house or go outside because I have to go through my laundry room to get to my car. So, I called my Papaw to see if he was out and about and would be willing to kill him. Luckily they were on their way to town and came by to get it.
By the way, called the pest company and made an appointment for first thing Monday morning to spread some poison. It's me or them and since I pay the bills, they gotta go!!

Ok, so I am chasing mice, but that's all I am chasing right now. Rumors and old friends are not on my list. I find it humorous that old colleagues won't talk to me, but I don't let it bother me. I am not interested in someone else's selfish perspective. I don't have a beef with their life or issues that they are currently experiencing against their wishes. My life is just that-all mine. I couldn't be happier right now! AWESOME job, AWESOME fiance, and an AWESOME house with lots of mice! Who could ask for more??

No comments: