Saturday, September 22, 2007

Little Rock

Guess what? I am engaged! Yes, engaged. So, you ask--who is the lucky guy and why haven't we heard about him? Richie is his name--no, you haven't heard about him on my blog yet. Not because he was a secret from the world--we've been together for awhile, but because I wanted some parts of my life to remain intimate, unknown. But, in the process it appears as if I have been hiding a part of my life. So, I starting today, I am gonna include that aspect of my life in my blog.
Ok, on with the engagement. Totally romantic! I am sucker for someone who puts thought into a romantic event! So, last Sunday, was the big day. We had spent the last two weeks frantically working on my house--painting, cleaning, and hanging pictures and curtains to get ready for game day--Razorback game day that is! After all of the work, we were exhausted. So, Sunday he suggests that we "go somewhere". I was all for it--I had seen enough angles of my house to make me want to run! We headed out to the Nature Center first and walked along the paths outside. Then, I suggested that we go to Mt. Magazine to check out the new lodge. When we got there, we stopped at the hang gliding ledge. There was a guy that was about to glide, so we decided to check out the lodge and then come back and watch him take off. When we got to the lodge, we went and sat out on a large rock overlooking the valley. We sat there and just talked and hung out. Then he said, "Well, we better get going." We don't want to be late." We stood up and hugged and enjoyed one more last view of the valley. Then, he started talking and honestly it gets blurry from here. I just remember hearing "best friend" and "the rest of my life" and that was enough to let me know what was going on. He got down on his knee and proposed. I started bawling! I couldn't even talk! I was so surprised and so excited. Oh, and when I was able to talk--I said yes! We plan on wedding next April--I really want a beach wedding, so I think we are going to wait on the weather and head south! Anyway, I am thrilled!

No comments: