Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Weekend is Over!


Have you ever wanted a weekend to end? That's the way I felt about this one. It's finally over--it's Sunday afternoon, I have a couple of hours before the kids get home and I can put the weekend behind me and get ready for the week. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking forward to the week--it's gonna be a real busy one. My boss will be here Thursday to do my monthly ride-a-long, I have some preparations to make for my Dallas meeting next week, and Kylie has a ton of practices since her competition is fastly approaching. No, I am just glad the weekend is over.
You see, I was prepared for the weekend. I made some plans, spent some money and had it together. But others didn't. And it went downhill from there. I found myself thinking, "I should've done the complete opposite this weekend from what I did. I shouldn't have spent money, I shouldn't have wasted my day Saturday, I should've dressed up instead of down." But's it over.
I guess I spent too much time second-guessing my actions, wanting them to be perfect. Then, I spent the rest of my time regretting them, wishing I could've done it differently. But I know why I worried about the weekend. My thoughts were focused on the past, when I should've been enjoying the present. But it's hard. You want to leave the past in the past, but what happens when it shows up at every social function in the present? How do you get "past" it? I feel like a snob, yet I feel out of place. I want to immerse myself, but then I find myself gasping for air. I just long for some separation between the past and the present.
Now, I want my weekend back so I can do it over again.
***********************
On a lighter note, here's a pic of Richie and me at a friend's wedding. Don't we look just fabulous? :)

No comments: