Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Here's to 2010!

This has to be my absolute favorite post....the reflection post! Here's a look at 2009 answering the same questions that I have answered every year since I have had my blog! 2009 was such an awesome year....

2009--What kind of year was it???

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

2009 saw so many changes in our lives, but I am struggling to figure out something I have NEVER done before...hhhhmmm. Well, in 2009, I don't know of anything I personally did, however Richie has never shot a deer since we have been together (nearly 3 years now). But in 2009, he got his first deer while I've been with him!

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

My New Year's Resolutions last year were similar to what they have been for the past couple of years...to exercise, get organized, and get involved in a church. I can happily say that I have committed to exercising and even started running! Now since it's been cold, I haven't been able to run as much, but I have gotten on my elliptical as much as possible and I am up to 30 minutes on it....a record for me! Also, I have lost 48 of the 51 pounds I gained during my pregnancy...yeah! As far as organized, I can honestly say that I am giving this my best effort being in our new home. In fact, our attic is going to be organized! It's a slow process, but I just make a big-picture list and then focus on individual tasks. So far, the house is fairly organized...now to just get the garage under control.
As far the church aspect, I have been visiting a new church in town for a couple of months now and really like it. I hope to keep that in my life!
For new resolutions....ok, I am really going to try and make a huge impact in my job with my new product! I have such a great opportunity to make a difference and really want to achieve that. I also want to spend more quality time with the kids--even if that means that other stuff has to wait. I spend time with my kids, but I feel that it is rushed and often not "quality". I would also like to lose that last little bit of baby weight!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes! We have a new baby! Landen Sawyer Wolford! Thank you Lord for such an amazing little guy! He was well worth waiting for! Also Catina and Jeremy welcomed Addison, and Heidi and Keith welcomed Luke!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, my Aunt Lois passed away this year. I will miss her, but have such great memories of her during my childhood.

5. What countries did you visit?

Well, this is the first year in awhile I haven't visited another country. But, being pregnant sort of kept that from happening. Besides, being pregnant is like being in another country!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Last year I really wanted a new home and guess what? We have it! I also wanted a toned body (and I didn't get that being pregnant) and hopefully I can get that this year! I think I really want to feel settled finally...we have our house and baby and hopefully this year we can spend more time together! I would love to have some more free weekends to travel in the RV! I can't wait to see Landen traveling with us.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

September 30, 2009 when Richie and I welcomed our precious baby into the world! Welcome Landen--we are glad you're here!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Surviving pregnancy! Moving during pregnancy! Working during pregnancy! And having an 8 lb 5 oz bundle of joy! Also, I actually made it into the top 10 in the company sales performance for a month...woo hoo--maybe I'll make it to Hawaii one day!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Not illness, but definitely some bedrest for a miserable last few weeks of pregnancy. Oh yeah, I forgot the 14 weeks of morning sickness too. UGH!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I got a new camera for Christmas and I can't wait to have some decent photos from it. I wasn't ever really satisified with my other one, so I hope this one is better. We also got a BluRay player and I can't wait to download movies from Netflix! But the house is the best thing by far that we bought this year--I am loving it!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

I really have to give this one to my parents this year....yep, I am proud of them. My step-dad has been great to help hang pictures, install the surround sound, and he is even buying back my land/building that I have been dealing with the past 5 years. Thank you so much for all of your help!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I am a little frustrated with people who cater to those that won't do for themselves. I won't name names....that wouldn't be nice at this point. But I get frustrated by the fact that Richie and I bust our rear, yet others in the family are spoiled simply because they won't try to do things on their own!

14. Where did most of your money go?

Baby! Landen cost a whopping $30,000! Thank God for insurance. The rest of the money went to our house and new clothes for my new body I am trying to embrace!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Waking up each morning to a beautiful little baby that we tried so hard to have. Now that he is smiling and trying to talk, it's such a joy to have him in our lives.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

I think the title of Faith Hill's Christmas song fits the year..."A Baby Changes Everything".

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer?

I am about the same weight as this time last year...got a few more pounds to lose to actually equal it. But considering I have gained and lost most of the 51 lbs during pregnancy, that's pretty awesome. I am definitely much, much happier. And I would say we are richer--we are still trying to save!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Relaxed. Read books. Spend time with my kiddos.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Less worrying. (Same as last year too!)

20. How will you be spending New Year’s?

We are hosting a get-together here at the house this year!

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Yes, I did. I fell for a cute little guy named Landen and I couldn't love him more than I do right now!

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Probably 90210, Desperate Housewives and Rachael Ray! I also loved watching Natalie whip Russell's butt on Survivor too!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nope, I don't bother wasting time on someone if they don't deserve it.

26. What was the best book you read?

I am still reading The Shack and it's great.

27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?

I love Miranda Lambert's new album.

29. What did you want and not get?

A good night's sleep!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Loved the new Chipmunk movie!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I am 31. However, I didn't do much on this birthday---I was suffering from some serious morning sickness!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I think being able to be a stay-at-home mom would be the best! I have never really wanted that before, however having a new baby always brings out the desire to stay home with my kiddos!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

I love leggings--so comfy! My style in 2009 wasn't very noteworthy since I spent most of the year in maternity! However, here's to 2010! :)

34. What kept you sane?

I think just having a few months with my newborn was the best. I have some really good kids, so knowing that always helps too. I have also tried to just relax and not fret so much--tough for me since that's my middle name!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I was amazed by the Tiger Woods scandal. Not sure why. I guess I just had hope that there was a celebrity that could stay true to his family. But I was shocked by all of the things he has done. I was also surprised by the way the scandal just kept escalating. Guess it just goes to show that your true colors will shine through one day!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

The economy....I just hate to see so many people suffering so much. I really hope things turn around soon.

37. Who did you miss?

I don't really have anyone I miss--I love the people in my life right now.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Catina and I have bonded over our new bundles of joy. I love her to pieces--such a sweet, sweet girl!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:

The smallest things can bring such great joy. Cherish every moment--it will not be the same forever.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

I would have to say Darius Rucker's "It Won't Be Like This for Long"

He didn't have to wake up
He'd been up all night
Layin' there in bed listenin'
To his newborn baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It's gonna be OK

It won't be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laughin'
At the week we brought him home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
'Cause it won't be like this for long

Cherish your days--they become memories! Here's to a great 2009 and to an even better 2010! Happy New Year everyone!



No comments: