Friday, October 13, 2006

Finally Made It!

Attention Everyone: If I at any time I invite you to fly with me somewhere, DON'T DO IT! It's not me that's necessarily bad, it's the fact that every flight I step on is delayed. I hurried out of work this afternoon to try and get to XNA on time for my flight. I walk in right on time and sit down thinking I had about 5 minutes before the plane would start boarding. All of the sudden I hear a lady complaining about her flight being delayed...I looked around and noticed the New York flight was runnning a couple of hours behind. "Good," I thought--for a moment I was afraid it was mine. But a minute later, I noticed a line forming at the desk for my flight. I got up and looked at the screen--a 3 HOUR DELAY! I couldn't believe it. So, I spent the next 3 hours listening to two teenage girls cut down their parents about how they were treated by each when they traveled between homes (divorced family obviously). From there, it was a stale pretzel at the snack bar, some weirdo who would not quit staring at me (luckily he boarded the New York flight), and the constant fight to keep myself awake (see the last two blogs to understand my dreariness). I checked w/the desk about my connecting flight in Chicago--the last thing I wanted was an overnight stay at that airport. Luckily Chicago was causing the delays (40 mph winds), so my connecting flight was behind schedule. After reading my entire Glamour magazine, the 1st 2 chapters in my next school book (brownie points Mr. Harper??), and walking through the gift shop and reading about Tara Reid's horrible boob job, I was just ready to get out of there!
I finally made it to Peoria about 10:45 this evening! I am beat. Luckily, Jim said we don't have to leave until 10 am in the morning, so I am going to sleep in a bit!

How about Grey's Anatomy last night? Let me tell you, they are cranking out some great messages (either that or I am in a really thematic mood lately)....I loved the message about making a choice between something you really want and what you probably need. I've been there a few times in life. It's hard. People get hurt. You hurt as well for two reasons--the person you hurt doesn't understand, so they are mad. As well as you make a choice that isn't necessarily what you want to do, but for some reason God has given you the end of the storyline and not everyone else. Plus, you don't know when the other person (or people) will understand or if they ever will. You feel cruel. You are mad. But in the end (whenever "the end" gets here), you know you have made the best decision for all involved. When does the epiphany occur in the other person though? You just pray it happens soon.

Well, that's enough jabber from me tonight--good night. And may tomorrow's choices bring you happiness in "the end".

No comments: