Monday, October 16, 2006

The Countdown to Bunco

Bunco is at my house Friday night...and I am not ready. The house itself is a wreck, I still can't decide on a menu that I have enough time to cook AND tastes good, and did I mention that I live in a barn? Yeah, so this whole thing of having 11 other women come over is a little unnerving. I have tried to lighten the whole evening--my "invitations" joked about the ambiance and how we would be listening to the Deliverance soundtrack. I assured Andria that the snakes/spiders would be out of the area for her visit, and I let them know that although Kyle wouldn't reveal the species of meat we would be eating, that the shish-ka-bobs would still be tasty!
But my jokes are more to hide my fears. What if they die when they see this metal barn? What will they think about the rather simplistic structure and decor?
Ultimately, I know that it is what I call home for now (and have for 2 1/2 years now!), so hopefully they will go easy on me!
Well, it's late (as usual) and I really need some rest. The tsunami that blew through last night kept me awake--keep in mind you can hear the slightest raindrop on this metal roof. It's soothing at times, but after hours and hours of pouring down rain, it just gets annoying!

No comments: