Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Perfect Meeting

Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE Rascal Flatts.....well, guess what? This girl's dream is about to come true! I get to MEET Rascal Flatts! Yes, MEET them. You are reading the blog of a girl who received a coveted backstage pass! I couldn't believe it when I saw the confirmation email sitting in my inbox. I thought there must be some mistake...I am just not THAT lucky. But after the 37th time I read it, I decided it must be for real. So the countdown begins. The concert is March 24, 2006 in Little Rock and I am PUMPED! So, Kyle and I will be sitting down front, enjoying the show and beforehand, I will do a little meeting and greeting! Of course, when great things come your way, there are always the fun critics. Like the "Oh they herd you in and out really quickly" comments... To those people, I say "Kiss My Backstage Pass!"
I also got a laptop with my tax refund and this is my first time to try it out. So far, so good. It's a little more comfy in the recliner typing on the computer than at the desk. I am excited, because now when I go on business trips or on my way to Cancun in May, I can watch DVD's on the plane and have email access while I am there. No more being cut-off from the rest of the world.
Meanwhile, Kylie is counting down the days until the Care Bears come to town. This Wednesday night, she and I are having a girls' night out and we are going to go see them. She has been anxiously awaiting the night for about a month or so. We are on the second row, so she is sure to enjoy the great view!
We were going to go see Hoodwinked this evening, but for some reason both kids decided to have breakdowns! I am trying to be firm and not give in when they start their little fits. So, we are staying home this evening. We will just eat a little pizza and watch a video here I guess. That's OK, it's so cold outside (it's actually snowing right now) that I don't think I want to bother getting out anyway. Kyle just called and he is renting Ladder 49.
Oh, I am SO proud of myself! I am getting THIS close to being able to start a house. I set a few goals for myself that I wanted to complete before I built a house, and I am happy to say I am about 2/3 of the way through those goals. And the final part is going to be completed a lot faster than anticipated, so I guess I will need to adjust the goals and see if I can't get even more accomplished. I am having a hard time deciding between staying on path for my original goal or possibly considering a really nice modular home that I could be in about 6 weeks from now. I am afraid that idea is just a temporary solution to my already temporary solution, but I don't know. I really want to build the house of my dreams and I am close to being able to do so, so it's probably best to keep my eyes on the prize and not be distracted by easy solutions. I know it will be all worth it when it gets here.
Well, that's about all I have this evening......

No comments: