Monday, February 20, 2006

Let's Get Physical!

Well, I have been trying to be good about working out....I joined a new gym and I have made an effort to at least put in 3 times a week, however it's very disconcerting to get on the elliptical machine, churn away for 30 minutes and find out you burned a whopping 200 calories...Geez! My Starbucks coffee packed that many calories in the first 2 sips....oh well! It took a lot of will power to come back after the first week. Sheer torture. I couldn't walk, I couldn't move. There were muscles I didn't know I had that were hurting! I made it feel all better when I got home and had an Eskimo pie though!
Kyle and TJ went to the Razorback game tonight...let's hope they don't jinx those hogs! The hogs pulled off an AWESOME win last weekend beating a Top 10 team. I think Stan Heath was ready for a win like that!
Well, I am down to the last two weeks of my first class in the Leadership and Ethics program. So far, the class has been thoroughly enjoyable. This Saturday we are going to the main campus to do the ropes course. I am kind of scared....I am not one for heights! I am not sure what all is involved in this thing. It's going to be outside though, so I really hope it warms up! Nothing like 80 degree weather for 2 months and then now it decides to get cold.
Weston is once again playing teeball. He and one of his buddies Ryan are going to be one the same team. I am a little nervous about this league. It's the real deal! I just hope he keeps enjoying like he has the past two summers.
Well, it's time to put two kiddos to bed! I am ready to watch some Grey's Anatomy Season 1!
Til the next post,
T

2 comments:

thirty-something said...

Sure, give me some pointers on how you get all the "side stuff" on your site.
This is pretty fun.
I just want you to know that you inspire me a lot. There aren't a lot of people that I know who do that! You do so much with the time you have and that makes me feel like hey, if she can do it, so can I! = )
I have been thinking about joining Curves but I can go to the gym at my school for free! It's just I don't know what to do(exercises and such) and need some direction. I really need some more physical exercise!!!
Talk to you soon!!
~CJW

SheWolf said...

Wow! I inspire you? I don't know that anyone has ever told me that before. Thank you, that really means a lot.
I can give you some pointers on the exercising too.