Sunday, March 20, 2011

1/2 Marathon!!

JT snapped a pic of me crossing the finish line!

The Savold Girls and me before we ran.  I look awful, but that morning wasn't about looks or fashion!! :)

Laura and I (and her sister) ran in a 1/2 marathon Saturday and I was able to finish! I was SO happy (and very exhausted)! There were some issues with the course and the group I was in got sent an entirely different way than Laura's group.  Well, I am glad I had my GPS and MapMyRun program running because when I got to the finish line turn off, I had only completed 10.75 miles. So, I wasn't about to turn and finish the race without running the entire 13.1 miles--I just made laps around the block until I had went far enough and then turned down the finish line.  I ended up going 13.21 miles in 2 hours 28 minutes. (Do you know how HARD it was not to just cross that finish line when you are that close to it after running 2 hours!?) I think my biggest accomplishment was that up until yesterday, I have never been able to run more than about 3.7 miles without walking.  Well, yesterday, I ran 8.5 miles before I started walking! Then, from there I alternated each mile between running and walking! Laura was such a machine--she finished under 2 hours! 
I think we did very good considering we did not train for the 1/2 marathon at all.  Like I said, we only do about 3.5-4 miles on our daily runs, so we were very pleased to not only finish, but to have such good times for our first 1/2 marathons!
I am excited, because now I know I can do a 10k!

6 comments:

Jen S. said...

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee! WAY TO GO! That is so awesome and I'm so happy for you! :)

SheWolf said...

THANK YOU! :)

Laura said...

You rocked it Tara!!! So glad we did that together.

meeksmiles33 said...

This is amazing!!! I would be pleased to do a 5K! I really want to, but I have never been a runner. Way to go!!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is a long way!!!! Good for you!!!

rachel neil said...

You seem so busy, I don't know how you fit in the time to do everything you do!!
http://theadventuresofmorris.blogspot.com