Friday, January 29, 2010

When Life Hands You Snow...Make Ice Cream!

I was mistreated as a child...the finer things in life weren't given to me. Ok, well, that's according to my husband and it's because he found out I had never had snow ice cream. So, he decided we needed to make some so I could see what I had been missing! And let me tell you it was every bit as good as homemade ice cream!
So, Richie found a Paula Deen recipe and we made snow ice cream! First, we started with 8 cups of snow, but soon found out later that we needed more!
Next we added 1 can (14 oz) of sweetened condensed milk....
Then we added 1 tsp of vanilla extract and mixed the ingredients...then we went back outside and got 16 more cups of snow because it was runny...
Finally we had enough snow and we mixed and mixed until....voila--snow ice cream! It was so YUMMY!



No comments: