Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Welcome Back!

Today was my first day back to work since the holidays...and honestly it was really like my first day back from maternity leave since I spent the first part of December when I came back to work in training and then went to Chicago. And boy was it a day! It started off rough when the babysitter texted me at 8 a.m. and said her aunt was passing away and she needed to go to the hospital. So, I am frantically trying to find a last minute sitter as I am heading out the door. Then, I get to work and awhile later, I get a phone call from a number I don't recognize. I let it go to VM and listen--it's one of my offices that I scheduled to bring them lunch. It was 11:20 a.m. at this point and I had totally forgotten! There was 25 people waiting on me so that they could eat. I called a contact at a local restaurant and had food there by noon...quite a feat! From then on, I felt like I was just playing catch up--my day was shorter than necessary and I just didn't have enough time to accomplish the things I was supposed to do. Then, I remembered that the kids didn't know not to ride the bus to the sitter's house. In fact, we didn't really go over where to go and since it's been a couple of weeks, I honestly didn't know where they would go. So, Richie waited at our house....Kylie came here. No Weston. So, then he drove to the sitter's house and Weston got off the bus there. What chaos and craziness!
Tomorrow is a new day though--thank goodness! I am ready to wake up and give it another shot. I just have to get the hang of this 3 kid, working Mom thing. It's exhausting and overwhelming. It's definitely a roller coaster ride!

No comments: