Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Ok, you knew this was coming...Happy Birthday to me! Yes, this is my next to last birthday, so I am relishing it! After next year's birthday, I will no longer celebrate!
So far, my birthday hasn't been the worst one yet, but it's running a close second place. I would have to say my worst birthday was about 3 years ago when I had to drink the disgusting stuff the night before you have a colonoscopy....it was horrid. It tasted what I would imagine sweaty gym socks tasting like (notice I said "imagine" as I don't frequently suck on gym socks)!
With that said, today hasn't necessarily been horrible, it's just not the best day for celebrating my birthday. I have to be at work, then I have 1 1/2 hours to kill before I go to class for 4 hours. Not to mention, I have been up since 2:30ish when the storm from Hades blew through and nearly tried to rip the top off of my metal building. Then, the girls from work decided to take me to lunch and told me it was my choice. Well, I was all geared up for Taco Mayo (yes, I had the pick of the city and that was my choice), only to find that it is under renovation. I had no clue they would pick today to redo the building because they definitely didn't consult me!
Then, the girls went to pick up a birthday cake for me and the lady forgot to make it! Luckily, she whipped up an equivalent and delivered it 1 hour later. It even had my name and Happy Birthday on it!
So, all in all it's been a decent birthday, just a long arduous day that I would rather be spending at the mall or at home.
Tonight I start a new class and the syllabus looks a lot meatier than the last class. I have a feeling I am going to feel the pain from this one. Not to mention I was able to get into the 3 hour corporate seminar which has a 6 page paper due before you even show up. Such is life, huh?
On the topic of the storm last night, Kylie cracked me up. When the wind started to pick up and the rain became heavier, I went into her room to see if she was awake. I found her wide-eyed with the sheet tucked under her chin in utter shock. I asked her if she wanted to come get in bed with me to which she replied yes, however was so frozen with fear that she didn't even move. When we finally got back in my bed, she calmed down a little and told me that she knew what was causing all of the noise outside. Aliens. Yes, aliens. My three-year-old thought we were being invaded. I guess hail, wind, and strong rain on a metal building could leave a out-of-this world impression, but aliens? It was still cute though!
Well, I have a ton of reading to do before class and I am having a hard time functioning as it is, so here's to my first day at 28....

2 comments:

thirty-something said...

Man, I can't believe YOU are 28. It's been almost 17 years since you were my flower girl. You are catching up with me girl!!

LOL @ Kylie and aliens.

~CJW

SheWolf said...

Wow, it's amazing to think it was 17 years ago that you got married! I can't believe it...that makes you old as well! :)