Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Countdown to Joe Don!

Tomorrow night is the night! Yes, I am finally going to get meet my idol, Joe Don of Rascal Flatts. We have tickets to the concert tomorrow night and I have a BACKSTAGE PASS! I am pumped...sorry Kyle, but my dream will come true. You thought I was bad a year and a half ago when I shook his hand, I just hope to stay in a vertical position when I meet him face to face!
There are 30 backstage passes-here is how I expect the line to look....cute 19 year old, cute 16 year old, cute 22 year old...then me, the Mom with 2 kids pushing 30! Oh well....I get to meet him!
I can't believe it has been a week since our fun started in Atlanta last week! Time sure does fly.
Next weekend we are going to stay with Billy and Karla and go eat at PF Chang's! My favorite!
Then, possibly the weekend after that, we may head to Dallas to catch the NASCAR race there...I think my addiction to NASCAR is returning! I have attached a picture of the booth team with Jason. Carrie, when you read this, do you have plans the weekend of the 8th? We need a place to bunk! Jason's car will be dressed in our colors, so I would love to catch it again!
On another note, Weston has had strep-throat and has been throwing up ever since I got back. He finally felt better today. He's on Spring Break, so he's been going to daycare with Kylie. Luckily he wasn't sick next week when he starts all of those standardized tests. I still can't believe kindergarteners have to take standardized tests...crazy.
Saturday afternoon we are going to eat at an Amish farm...if you've never eaten at one, you don't know what you are missing. It's like being invited to their home for dinner...bowls and bowls of home-cooked food. I feel I owe it to Kyle since I haven't been home to cook. My cooking wouldn't compare to theirs anyway!
Well, that's all for this evening. I am going to try and figure out how to put a few pictures from the race on here.
The next time you hear from me, I will have met my idol!
Til then,
T

2 comments:

thirty-something said...

Hey Tara....are you talking April 8th? I'm pretty sure we'll be here. You are welcome to stay!
Poor Weston. I hope he gets better soon.
~CJW

SheWolf said...

Yes, April 8th....we are considering going to the NASCAR race, but are still unsure. If you think you guys will be around, I'll keep you posted on how the plans transpire.