Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday, Richie!





Yesterday was Richie's 40th birthday! He doesn't like a lot of hoopla for his birthday, but I still wanted to do something special. So, the kids and I decided to have a small surprise party at the house for him. Well, Plan A didn't work which was to set up and have everyone arrive while he took Kylie to cheer practice--she decided she wanted to be here for the surprise. So, Plan B was hatched! We sent him to pick up Landen at my mom's house and while he was gone we hung balloons, signs and streamers and then hid when he came in. He was so surprised! The kids had such a ball with all of the planning! I bought him his very own netbook so that I can finally get my Mac back! :) He had asked for a card reader to use to download his deercam pictures, but I did the next best thing and got the netbook with a built-in SD card reader and that way he can have a place to download his pictures and then immediately post them. He was so shocked when he opened the present--I don't think he even knew what it was at first!
After all of that, all of the family arrived and we had his favorite dinner--pork tenderloin, au gratin potatoes, salad, bread, and coconut cream pie! That man is spoiled!
Happy birthday Richie! I love you so much you old man!! :)

No comments: