Monday, October 19, 2009

A Bed Bug

The popular question right now (behind "how's the baby?") is "is he sleeping good?" Well, that question is a little tricky! First, define "good". If you mean 'does he sleep during the night?', well, yes. However, if you mean "does he sleep in his bassinet?", then NO! He sleeps, but only when you hold him. And now it seems the only way I can sleep at night is to sleep next to him. First, I must say I am adamantly against sleeping with a baby in my bed for several reasons. Beyond the obvious safety issue, there's the habit I am afraid I am creating, the lack of quality sleep on my part because I can't get comfortable--I try to stay in one position and lay still so as to not roll on him. So, I don't really sleep, I doze...on and off, on and off. Meanwhile, baby Landen is sawing logs! He's warm, comfy and has Mommy right where he wants her! Last night as I was falling asleep, I had a vision of this 18 year old man laying between me and Richie all bundled up in his blanket and snuggling up to me. And all I could think was, "Great!" Landen will be here until he graduates!!
So, to answer the question... yes, he's sleeping good!

No comments: