Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Face-Lift, a Clean Garage, and some Bed Rest

Wow--what a title! Ok, that's just a quick sum of this post, not some bad surgery gone wrong. First, I have had my blog for nearly four years now and have always wanted a customized personal background/header for my blog, but I just couldn't fathom spending any money on it. Well, I broke down a few days ago and put in an order with an awesome blog designer. The price was right and there were so many ideas to choose from on her blog that I couldn't resist ordering my own. Plus, I decided at this point--I deserve it!! So, in a couple of weeks, you will see a brand new background and header with pictures, etc! YIPPEE!
How did I manage to afford this new blog background? Well, I cleaned out my garages and took a whole truck load of clothing and old toys up to the Growing Kids Sale! I had 100 clothing items (the max they allow or there would've been more), a play kitchen, large easel, and toys of new toys in boxes my kids have never played with! Ok, the blog design is relatively inexpensive, so I will have plenty of money left over, but that was my way of justifying the ability to splurge right now. What's nice too is that my car fits back in to the garage so I don't have to get out in the heat or rain again. Granted, there is still work to be done in the garage, but it is a major improvement. Now if I could just have a garage sale, I could get rid of the furniture in there.
However, the garage sale won't happen any time soon though. Why? Well, I have officially started my maternity leave and am on bed rest for the next 3 weeks until Landen gets here. My poor body just gave out. I was having 2-3 contractions an hour, cramping, you name it, I was experiencing it. My job is relatively easy, but it is still a physical job when you have a 9 month pregnant woman do it. I lift 15 plus pounds, stand in one position for a total of 4 hours a day, and have some walking just to get to and from my doctor's offices. Not to mention the driving--and at this point I am very uncomfortable in a car. Heck, walking to the bathroom at this point is physically demanding. My doctor was just ready to see my sit back and relax at this point because I was overdoing it. Oh yeah--add 2 kids at home on to that list, and I was worn out between work and home!!! So, here's to a few relaxing weeks before the baby gets here--pray I don't go crazy! :) Because I forgot to mention I am not good at sitting still and doing nothing. Especially when I don't have a choice. But I HAVE to!

No comments: