Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome to 2009!

It's the New Year! Time to make unkept resolutions, exercise like a crazy woman, and pretend to get organized! Ok, maybe it's not that dramatic, but it sure seems like every January brings the same high expectations with NO results to show in December!
Our New Year has already started off with a bang or should I say a crash?? Kylie went to her grandparents' house today with her Dad and rode the 4-wheeler with Lacey Mae (Angela's daughter). Well, they ended up crashing into a barb wire fence and both took a beating. I don't think Kyle realized how bad they were hurt until Lacey Mae went to the ER to get checked out and they found out she had broken some ribs! They originally just thought her had was cut up, but it seems she was beaten up a little worse than that. Well, ever since Kylie has been home, she has done nothing but lay in bed. I am really worried about her--I am afraid she's more beat up than it seems. She has a cut on her stomach right on her ribs and a LOT of road rash all down the top half of her back. My grandparents came over for dinner this evening and she didn't even want to come out of her room to visit! That is not like her at all. So, I don't know what to think. I gave her some Tylenol and I think we will go see Dr. Jackson in the morning to just make sure everything is OK! I know there's not anything they can do for broken ribs, etc, but with intense cheerleading practice and an upcoming cheerleading competition in a few weeks, we need to understand her injuries just in case!
Richie and I spent the day laying around watching TV and just hanging out today--we took the day off and were lazy. In fact, I never got out of my PJ's. I only have a few more days off of work... :(! The last two weeks have absolutely flown by! I will feel reenergized though that's for sure.
Well, it's off to bed for me!

No comments: