Monday, December 29, 2008

Here's to 2009!!!

My favorite time of the year! The time for reflection of 2008--it's almost like a a checklist of sorts, but hey, it's fun to see the changes in my life on a yearly basis!

2008--What kind of year was it???

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Well, 2008 saw many changes in my life! First, I got married in Mexico in April! Richie and I had a blast on our honeymoon and I hope we get to return very soon! Secondly, I spent 8 weeks on bed rest for my poor, pitiful back! I have never been on a medical leave except for having babies!


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Seems like New Year's Resolutions are for breaking, right? Well, if that's the case, I am good at that. Last year, I wanted to exercise more--I completely flopped at that. In fact, I am back up to my round self I was at the end of 2006. I WILL make sure to exercise more this year. In my defense, I spent 8 weeks on bed rest and I have been trying to recover from that. Seems like when I try to exercise, I get that great pain feeling in my back all over again. So, I guess it's slow and steady.
My second resolution was to get organized. I can say that there are still 3 days officially left in the year, so it's not too late! I worked on my closet the other day, I am busy working on the office today, so there's hope. But that's definitely something I want to COMPLETE in 2009.
For next year, I really want to get involved in a church again. We visited a church yesterday and had a great time. I hope to make it a consistent part of our lives. I know the kids need the positive interaction and we could sure use some too!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes! Jana and Will had baby Lakyn in May and she's just adorable! Maybe we'll join the crowd in 2009!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

A cousin of mine passed away--Travis Robison. Richie and I also had a miscarriage in August that really turned our world upside down for awhile. Kyle's Papaw Sam also passed away.

5. What countries did you visit?

Richie and I visited Mexico and got married! What a blast!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Wow, I just read all of the things I wanted in 2008 and guess what? All of the same--I would like a toned body, a little more confidence, peace and quiet, PATIENCE, and a HOUSE OF MY VERY OWN! I guess a little more energy wouldn't hurt so that I can get everything I want accomplished!

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Well of course April 12, 2008--my wedding day!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I think the biggest achievement was just adjusting to married life and getting a better grasp on my job. I know that's not anything extraordinary, but sometimes the little achievements give us the best rewards! I also wrote a story about Kylie's illness when she was a baby and all of the feelings involved in that experience. I even sent it to Guideposts (something I have wanted to do since it happened). Of course, it wasn't published, but finishing the story was a great reward. Maybe one day I'll post it here.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yep! 3 days in the hospital and 8 weeks in bed with my jacked up back. Is it 100% healed? NOPE!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I think the Wii has brought us the most fun this year. But, the Guitar Hero band game has been a blast since Christmas too!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

I am giving this one to Richie! We loved the movie Fireproof and started our Love Dare journals and couple's DVD study. I can't believe how much he has changed since reading the book and doing the "dares". It has really impacted our marriage. I need to do a better job at doing the Love Dare Journal now!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I think this may be the 3rd year in a row that the parents win this one! One day, we'll break free!

14. Where did most of your money go?

Debt. Clothes. Kiddos. And...happily to savings! We are kicking rear in the savings department!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Our wedding day! It was so nice to go away and it just be about the two of us. We were able to enjoy it and relish every moment instead of worrying about everyone else.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

I think Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars". Richie and I have adopted that as "our song" and since it was "our year" I think it's only fitting!!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer?

Well, I have found about 10 of the 13 pounds I lost last year! YUCK! Thanks to my little back hiatus. But, that's gonna change this year! I am richer--we are paying off debt and saving money! And I am happier--we are all adjusting to our new life and enjoying the time together!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Relaxed. Read books. Cleaned my house--I know I sound weird... (Note: NO change from last year!)

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Less worrying. (Same as last year too!)

20. How will you be spending New Year’s?

Going out to eat with friends and then a little get together afterward.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Yes, I did. I love you Richie....still!

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Lots of new shows this year! I LOVE 90210...again! Desperate Housewives is still there. Plus, Ace of Cakes, Private Practice, and of course 48 Hours Mystery!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't "hate" anyone--but there are people I don't care for. But, hey, I know there are plenty that don't care for me either--But who cares??

26. What was the best book you read?

The Twilight series! Go Team Cullen!!

27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?

Taylor Swift by far. Kylie and I love her!

29. What did you want and not get?

My 5th bedroom cleaned out and converted into a game room. In fact, it's a little worse. Oh well, there's always 2009!!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

I liked Marley and Me and The Dark Knight. I wasn't impressed with the Twilight movie though!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Crap--ok, fine. I am 30. I give up--I am still here and officially old. I had a good birthday I guess. None of the hoopla anticipated, but about 25 of us went out to eat at Shogun's and we had a great time!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Getting a house, being debt free. Being organized!!! (Same as last year!!)

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Well, I have definitely branched out on the shoes--I have great colors and patterns and prints! FUN! And I guess I have a lot of black in my wardrobe--so, I think my fashion is a more polished, professional look.

34. What kept you sane?

Deep breaths! Seriously, just trying to enjoy life as best as possible. It goes so fast, it's so stressful, and there's way too much to do, but my 8 weeks hiatus was actually nice. I just relaxed and tried to heal. I also enjoy how my company gives us so much time off of work to relax!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I think watching Taylor Swift become ultra famous and not really changing a thing about herself. I love her music. I love that she's a dork like me and that sometimes people just don't get us!!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

The Presidential race of course! I am really praying about the future of our country. Also, the recession--it's so, so scary to see friends losing jobs, struggling families, and a very dreary holiday season for many. I sure hope things turn around in 2009 for everyone!

37. Who did you miss?

No one really--I have everyone I need.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Although I didn't JUST meet her, Jana and I have become good friends. I am also excited about new friends in 2009 as we find a church home. I have also made some great friends in my job--Michelle is a fellow rep who is so positive and upbeat. Oh yeah, she had a baby--guess that makes two babies on that earlier question!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:

Life is so unpredictable! We think we have it all figured out and then BAM it changes! I guess I have learned to try and take it in stride. Sometimes planning is just a waste of time, because God's got it all worked out for us!

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

I have been thinking about this all year long and when this song came on, it just fits perfect! This year has seen some of the greatest memories and some unexpected ones. But, when it's all said and done, worrying about it won't solve it or change it...life is what it is. So make the most of it!

"But, it is poor me, why me, oh me
Boring the same old, worn out, blah blah story
There is no good explanation for it at all

Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning
Ain't no need to overthink it
Let go laughing

Life don't go quite like you planned it
We try so hard to understand it
Irrefutable, indisputable
Fact is, it happens"

Sugarland's, "It Happens"


Happy 2009 everybody! Here's to a great year full of unplanned memories called life!

No comments: