Monday, July 28, 2008

It's My Party...I'll Cry if I Want to!




Kylie's slumber party went great! We had 6 girls show up and boy were they a hoot! They had a fashion show, watched movies at the "theater" and ate cake. I had a one group of girls go down fairly early and the other group didn't give up until 1:15 a.m.! Well, then the first group got back up at 6:30 a.m.! Needless to say I was exhausted and then I had to finish the cake for the baby shower that afternoon.
But back to the party--we only had one major meltdown and that was Kylie. I think she had a little too much princess in her. She started getting a little bossy and the girls started to break off and talk about other girls, so I put a stop to that REAL QUICK! Kylie wasn't happy about me getting up in her grill, but she was getting tired and cranky and I didn't want to have a bunch of girls melt down on me. The other girls behaved very well and overall I think everyone had a great time! Oh yeah, and her cake turned out great!!
Kylie had a lot of fun, but I think we'll put off another slumber party until she's 16! Ha!! :)
I was so worn out Saturday that I crashed that evening. My legs and body are sore-- this weekend was definitely strength training for returning to work!

No comments: