Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cut Up....

I got a haircut today--ok, I chopped my hair off! I go through these phases, you know cute cut, hate it 3 months later, then grow, grow, grow it out only to chop it off again. I went almost a year this time. I cut it last August about this short and haven't touched it since except for the few trims here and there. I was worried what Richie would think. It's short, but then again he likes it short. He's not into that down-to-your-butt hair stuff, so I had hope that he would be OK with it. I wasn't prepared for his reaction--he loved it! WHEW! It's cute today, but the true test is tomorrow when I have to fix it. Speaking of tomorrow, I finally return to work tomorrow after 2 months. I am nervous that I won't remember what to do. I mean my job entails talking and driving all day and I haven't had anyone to talk to in 2 months because I haven't left the house!
My friend Erika is in town from Florida for a month. She's helping her Mom with her new restaurant as she gets it opened and organized. Usually I don't get to see Erika when she comes in to town because she's only here for a few days, but this time she's staying longer and since it's not a holiday, she's not occupied with all the stuff to be done during holiday breaks. I told her that Kylie is my little Erika because of her fashion sense and love for dancing and having fun. They hit it off immediately when they met. The other day, Kylie saw some shoes that Erika had on and she said, "Where'd you get those shoes?!" Now, that statement isn't unusual except it's a 6 year old girl saying it--she's not supposed to have that much of a fashion sense yet! So, we are at the store the other day and Kylie stops dead in her tracks and yells, "MOM! Erika shoes!" She had found the little girl version of Erika's shoes and HAD TO HAVE THEM! Too funny! I am so in trouble.....

No comments: