Monday, July 28, 2008

Dr. Seuss Cake


Here's the other cake I made this weekend--my hands were cramping from all the stars on this thing!!
But for only my second cake, it came out very well I think--I had a hard time finding a pan, but ended up using the "Topsy Turvy" Wilton pan for the "lop-sided cake". I am starting to get the hang of this thing. My Mom wants me to make a cake for my brother's party--it's a medieval castle. Bad part is that she wants buttercream icing, not fondant like the picture shows, so I am afraid of how it might turn out. But that's the fun part--the challenge of mastering the cake. However, I may age quickly from the stress of it all! My next cake class starts next Monday night, so maybe the practice from class will help me get more comfortable.
Also, I finally got the 4th of July pictures from the baseball game added to the post. It's under the "Franklin Not in the Cards" post!

No comments: