Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July


Well, the 4th of July has come and gone...too bad it decided to rain here about the time we were supposed to go swimming and shoot fireworks! The kids were really looking forward to doing it, but of course the weather didn't cooperate. I don't know what else we expected--we made plans for outside, so of course here comes the rain! :)
We had a good time at his parents' house though...we ate and ate and then played regular horseshoes and hillbilly horseshoes. I really wanted to post a picture on here of the kids on the slip and slide, but I can't find my cord for my digital camera, soooo I will do it tomorrow from the other computer. We had a puppy scare this afternoon. We came home and I noticed there were only 8 puppies (remember 1 already has a new home) in the pen. Well, the more I looked, I noticed it was one of the puppies that was already promised to someone. So, I immediately started to panic! We searched and searched and couldn't find it. Well, finally, when we got to the middle gate to close it, Kyle heard whimpering from a brush pile nearby and went and dug out the puppy! She was just fine, but very scared! I had already called the girl who was taking her and was giving her the news, but luckily I was able to tell her the good news as well!
Well, that's all for tonight...I really want to read a bit before bedtime!

No comments: