Sunday, December 19, 2010

In a Flash....

I can't believe it's already Sunday--and I know that this week will absolutely fly by too! Christmas, like always, will be here and gone before we know it. I remember as a kid how Christmas seemed to take FOREVER to get here! Now, there's not enough time in the day to get ready for Christmas.
I spent the weekend, cleaning, wrapping, and cleaning some more....and wrapping some more.
But my weekend was kicked off with a little surprise from my husband. All I knew up until Friday evening was to be ready by 6:30. So, I made sure I was ready and we headed out. But first he said we needed to stop by our friends' Jeremy and Catina's house for a second for Jeremy to "show him something"....hhhmm, suspicious, but I will go along with it. Turns out Jeremy and Richie got together and planned a romantic evening for Catina and I! Too sweet! They took us to eat at Red Lobster, then we made a quick stop by the mall. And from there, we went to Creekmore Park to walk around the trail and see the Christmas lights. Thanks honey! It was SO nice to have an evening with no kids! :)
Saturday was spent running errands and getting ready for Christmas. I only have to work tomorrow and then I am off until after the New Year, but I wanted to get ahead as much as I could because I know I will be swamped this week getting ready for all of our holiday gatherings.
Today, Richie and I went to church and then finished our Christmas shopping. We then stopped at my Grandpa's house to visit with him and see my Dad. Grandpa sure is struggling. I can't imagine the pain he must be feeling facing the first Christmas without his wife in nearly 60 years. My heart breaks for him. He seems to just be going through the motions. It was a great reminder today to just stop and say "Thank You" to God for the small blessings that I take for granted--the family I have in my life, the sweet friends that are there for me, the things in life that just seem natural, but could easily be gone in a heartbeat.
Remember this Christmas to just stop every once in awhile and take it all in--look at the faces, memorize the smiles, and cherish the moments. They will be gone before you know it...

No comments: