Saturday, November 06, 2010

Another 5k....and the coldest one yet!


The girls got up early this morning for another 5k! It was SO cold! My van said 28 degrees when I left the house...way too early and way too cold to run, but oh so much fun! I finished 5th (out of 13) in my age group with a time of 29.33! I could've finished 3rd if I had run about 20 seconds faster--what a bummer! Laura finished 1st in our age division and 4th overall! Go girl! So proud of ya! Carrie finished 2nd in her age division too! Alyssia ran the 1/2 marathon (not sure where she finished--she was still running when we left. Mer ran the 10k. It was so funny because she started with Alyssia thinking when it looped she would just finish. However, after the 1/2 marathoners left, they started the 10k group....in the opposite direction! Too funny--but she found her way to the finish line and did awesome! What fun--can't wait until the Jingle Bell Run in December!

No comments: