Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where's my brain?

I have lost my mind I think. I can't find it--anyone seen it? At least that's how I feel the last few days. And honestly, I don't know why. I am not upset about anything, life is going great, everyone is healthy for the most part, but I just can't focus and concentrate. Last night, I searched and searched and then searched some more for my car keys so I could make a quick trip to Wal-Mart. I even checked the oven where I had just put the meatloaf in before I left! But I couldn't find them anywhere. I was about to give up, when it hit me. Literally. I had tucked them in the band of my shorts....so I wouldn't lose them! And yesterday morning, I started out the day trying to figure out where in the world I needed to work at. At about 2 pm, it dawned on me that it was my "Van Buren" day....and I had spent the whole day working in Fort Smith. So, just a couple of examples of my lack of brains lately.
If you find my brain, please return it soon.....before I lose it all!

3 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Didn't you get the memo?

Kids do wonders for the heart and soul, but they are heck on the brain. . .

Katie said...

Yes, I feel like this too. Somedays I can't remember anything. I tuck my keys in my pocket and have put credit cards in my back pocket like when I pump gas. I have to write down everything or I forget. I can't imgaine working full time on top of all of this. I would say your doing a lot you have a good excuse. Thanks for the well wishes for Drew.

SheWolf said...

Tonia,

I checked the kids pockets when I did the laundry...guess what I found? A little piece of my brain in each one!! You were right--they were hiding it!