Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Wonderful Surprise!

Well, I had my OB appt today and I had a pleasant (and unexpected) surprise! After the normal check-up by the doctor and Q&A session, she attempted to listen to the heartbeat...but she couldn't find it. So, she sent me in for an ultrasound to confirm the heartbeat. I was a little nervous, but honestly I wasn't too bad because I have felt some light movement and pressure, so I know something has been going on in there. So, I went to the ultrasound room and I got to see my baby! And this time it looks like a baby! :) Turns out, the baby was on its tummy and curled up, so that's why they couldn't get the heartbeat with the external doppler. He (or she) squirmed around a little during the ultrasound, then stuck its thumb in its mouth! Too cute! That's when the tech snapped a picture for me to keep. It was such a pleasant surprise to actually get to see the baby. I called Richie as soon as the appointment was over and drove all the way to his work to show him the picture! I was grinning ear to ear all the way there. I am so much more relaxed now that I can tell the baby is developing normally and looks great. The heart rate was excellent too at 171 bpm. My cystic fibrosis screening was also negative, so that's another great blessing as well.
Praise the Lord for a great day full of surprise and blessing!

No comments: