Friday, December 28, 2007

Here's to 2008!

Ok, it's the end of the year and it's time to look back on the year and examine signs of our time! I did this quiz in 2006 and I thought it would be kind of neat to start a tradition of answering the same questions. It is enlightening to look back at myself one year ago--to see what was important to me, to see what my goals were, my feelings. Then, to be able to paint the same picture now for myself next year.....

2007--What kind of year was it???

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

This was a year of many beginnings and changes in my life....where do I start? Let's see I started a new job in a completely different field--pharmaceutical sales. I FINALLY moved out of the metal building and into a modular. I went to Guatemala....the list goes on and on!!


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Last year's resolutions were to exercise on a consistent basis and to finish my Master's degree. I can proudly say I am a 2007 graduate! As for the exercising....well, I did great at a the beginning of the year (I even won the pool at work for the most body fat lost in 3 months! However, as the year passed, it just became hard to find time.
For next year--exercise is a MUST! I am going to Cancun in April and I don't want to hide behind icky clothes! I also want to get organized. And I want the 5th bedroom cleaned out--mega yard sale baby! I would like to convert that room into a game room for the family (because I want a Wii for my birthday...hint. hint.)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Well, "close" is a loose term. None of my immediate friends had babies, but several acquaintances did such as Kyle's sister and her best friend. However, I don't even know the babies, so I guess the answer would technically be no.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, not this year.

5. What countries did you visit?

I went to Guatemala--it was such a blast, yet such an eye-opening experience. I truly felt blessed to serve those people for a week. I definitely want to find time in my life for more mission trips. The experience and life lessons are immeasurable.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

Last year I said a house--and I got it (sort of)! I also said a toned body and confidence and I would have to say those two things again! I would also like to have peace and some free time. Hey, and a little more patience wouldn't hurt.

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Definitely September 16th...that's when Richie proposed to me. That was the first day of the rest of my life.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Graduating with my Master's....putting myself in an elite group that few ever achieve.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No major injuries, just learning to adjust with dealing with my jacked-up back now that I have a more active job that requires long drives and lifting.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I can't think of one specific thing, but I love my new curtains, bedspread, and other decor in my new house. And that PS3 is really entertaining the boys! I also love this new Mac computer....it's awesome!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

This one belongs to Kylie. She started kindergarten this year and I was SO nervous. She is quite the challenger and I was so afraid that she would have a tough time adjusting to big school. However, she has only gotten a handful of blue notes this year-mostly green! And she had a nearly two week straight green note stretch when Richie challenged her with money! Green for green! :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Gonna have to give this one to the parents. No more deals.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Debt. Clothes. New house decorations. Kiddos.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My life with Richie--trying to relax and enjoying that period between engagement and the wedding....

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

Hey There Delilah...even though I HATE it! Any Daughtry songs were good song memories for 2007 though!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer?

I am much thinner first of all--nearly 13 pounds thinner! I feel richer--I have started a savings account and I am kicking some rear!! I am also happier!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Relaxed. Read books. Cleaned my house (I know I sound weird).

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Less worrying.

20. How will you be spending New Year’s?

Gonna go visit Karla and Billy in Tulsa.

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Yes, I did. I love you Richie.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Desperate Housewives. Big Bang Theory. Rules of Engagement.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't "hate" anyone--but there are people I don't care for.

26. What was the best book you read?

The Golden Rule. My Karen Kingbury books--always good ones!

27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?

Daughtry--love them!

29. What did you want and not get?

To sell my car. My house cleaned. And I didn't get the Girls Next Door Seasons on DVD... :(

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Alvin and the Chipmunks!! :)

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Gosh, I can't remember exactly what I did. That really means I am getting old! Oh yeah, I remember--Reno 911. Ok, next year I pick the movie!! But it was definitely my last birthday. I am NOT turning 30 next year!!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Getting a house, being debt free. Being organized!!!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Teal/Chocolate. Learning to buy/wear flashy shoes instead of my staple black/brown heels!

34. What kept you sane?

This blog--the ability to write! :)

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Katie Holmes--watching her morph into Mrs. Cruise right before our eyes. She sure doesn't look like she did a few years ago.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

The death of Bhutto a couple of days ago--tragic, unfortunate, unnecessary. She was a great woman with such a big heart and a desire to serve her people. Her country will greatly miss her.

37. Who did you miss?

No one really--I have everyone I need.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Besides Richie, I have developed a great friendship with Amy. We didn't actually just meet, but we have become great friends.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:

Life has no guarantees--you can plan and dream, but in the end, you never know the outcome.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

I don't know about you but I was put here to live and love
So, what if I don't do it like everybody else does
I'm out on the edge, I'm too willing to risk
Every bone, every breath, they say, all I am is a crazy dream
Like it's a bad thing.

--Gary Alan's "Like It's a Bad Thing"

Happy 2008 everybody! May 2008 find you achieving your goals, living your dreams, and loving life!

No comments: