Monday, December 17, 2007

The Countdown to Christmas

Well, just 2 more days of work this week and then I am officially off of work until 2008! I am ready for Christmas!
We went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks this weekend and it was SO cute! I loved it! It brought back tons of memories of when I was a kid. It was a little surreal to see my 7 year old and 5 year old sitting next to me enjoying the Chipmunks!

I had the weirdest dream last night. A storm was starting to form outside. It was rainy, windy, and dark. I walked outside to see the dust in front of the house swirling in the air. Then I looked out and saw a bunch of tiny tornadoes. I ran back into the house and told everyone there was a bad storm outside. Then I remember looking back outside again and saw a huge tornado forming and headed straight for the house. I was so scared! I called Richie (not sure where he was) and told him how scared I was. I was screaming into the phone. Then I went back into the house and found the kids and we grabbed the mattresses off the beds and ran down to the basement. No, we weren't at my house. We were in some huge mansion and there was a ton of my family there together. Then I woke up. So, I don't know if the tornado hit or not....but it was headed our way.
I tried to thinking of what the meaning of that dream could be--I felt like it meant that I was some place safe from harm and that my family and friends were there to support me through the storm. I think it's probably one of those dreams that is supposed to reassure me that I am in God's will and though there will be hard times and struggles in life, I always have those who love me nearby or just a phone call away.

No comments: