Monday, December 10, 2007

Graduation Anticipation!

Next Saturday is my graduation! YIPPEE! The countdown begins--I am ready! But before I can graduate, I have such a busy and stressful week ahead....lots of work and typical week stuff to do! But that will make next weekend all the sweeter. My kids have a different countdown going--they are excited about next Friday because the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie comes out! (OK, I have to admit I am a little stoked too--I loved the Chipmunks as a kid!)
Kylie is also on a parade kick...we went to the local parade in town last week and then she went to the big parade in a nearby city. She loved it! It's awesome to see the magic in her eyes--what a wonderful age! She was so excited and would peek around the people next to us to see the parade coming down the road. It was the cutest thing. And don't worry, she worked the parade people with her charm and smile and got tons of candy! Her highlight was when Santa waved at HER! She thought that was just the greatest thing!
Well, I am done Christmas shopping, so if you didn't get a present from me yet, then you aren't getting one! And I am SO glad to be done this early. We ventured out Saturday to finish up and it was already a mad house at there! So, I am glad to know I don't have to fight the crowds.
Some friends of mine threw me a graduation party last weekend--it wasn't as a big of a hype as I would have liked though. It seemed like everyone was out of town or had plans. Such is December. Oh well. I did get to see an old friend from my last job and my good friend Amy made it as well. So, that was nice. However, gotta love when you mix water and wine. My new friends and my old friends just didn't seem to click. Guess it was the difference in "culture"! So, it was an opportunity to see how some people act when out of their element. Note taken.

No comments: