Monday, April 04, 2011

Congratulations Kylie--2011 Petite Little Miss Greenwood!

Kylie had such a great time Sunday at the Miss Greenwood pageant!  It was a last minute entry for us as I have been more than swamped with work and I wasn't even sure how we were going to pull it off.  But I drove up to my step-sister's house in Springdale Saturday morning and borrowed a dress and then drove to my Meme's house for alterations....until 11 p.m.! I also spent last Thursday frantically trying to pull together a spring outfit!
But, it was all worth it--Kylie WON! She did such a great job--I am so proud of how confident she has become.  When she started this 3 years ago, she was petrified to be on stage and did not want to talk into a microphone.  Now, she has confidence and enjoys being in front of people.  She has come such a long way! Kylie, I am SO proud of you!  And, not only did she win the crown, but she also won Miss Congeniality! I thought that was so awesome!

Here's some pics from the day!!
Kylie modeling spring wear--I wish I had gotten a better pic!

Answering her onstage question

Backstage waiting with the girls!

Me and Kylie

Kylie and her cousin Madi

Kylie and Miss Arkansas Alyse Eady (and 1st runnerup Miss America!!)

"The Glam Squad" Ang, Kylie, and me--Thanks Ang for helping out with hair.  You saved yet another day! :)

Kylie's Crowning Moment!

2 comments:

Mom2Three said...

Tell Miss Kylie Congrats!!! I hate that I missed it, I had a shower to go too, but Madi loved it!! :)

Jennifer said...

How cute!!! Congrats to Kylie!!!