Friday, April 08, 2011

Spiritual Warfare

Spiritual Warfare...that's how my Mom summed up this week for her and my step-dad. And you know what? It fits mine too.  It's been a stressful, emotionally draining, and tense week.  I am trying to remain positive.  I am trying to be faithful.  And you know what? Some days it's just plain hard to do.  I know it's what I have to do, but at times it's not what I want to do.  I want things to be fair in the world.  I want people to respect each other.  I want peace and happiness.  But, the reality is, that's not always the case.
I saw on Katie's blog a verse that seemed rather fitting for the week and a great reminder that I need to lean on God during tough times.  I know that good will come out of this if we remain faithful and I have to believe that evil can't always prevail.  So, this is my verse. This is what I am telling myself, reminding myself of in these times.....


Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


1 comment:

Katie said...

So sorry it has been a tough week for you too. I do have a lot of hope today. I am reading a good book and I have been thinking about some of the trials I have faced and how God has used them all and I have just gotten closer to Him. It does help to think postive and say "Count Your Blessings not your problems" Easier said then done, but my goodness things could be so much worse for many of us.
I can't wait to see your beautiful home. The windows and 2 story great room is fun and beautiful. Make sure you spray your furniture or leather couch with a SPF protector though. My leather couch has really fadded and cracked. It can be tricky to decorate too but I love the sunshine. Thanks for your note (: May God protect you and your family.