Friday, May 08, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Weston!

Today is Weston's 9th birthday and boy was he pumped about today. He thought all week that Friday would never get here. Kylie, Richie, and I woke him up with a very loud version of the "Happy Birthday" song....he just grinned from ear to ear. Tomorrow is his actual party and I sure hope lots of his little friends get to make it.
I asked him awhile back what kind of birthday cake he wanted--I was all excited to get my cake decorating utensils out and do a Star Wars cake, or Transformers...but guess what he asked for? A Boston Creme Pie! So, that's what I will be making tonight. It's a whole lot easier, so I can't complain too much.
Richie and I are frantically counting down the days until next Thursday because that's when we'll find out what we are having. He still says it's a girl and I say it's a boy....so we know someone is right!
I think we are starting to slowly wrap up our name choices for the baby. I really want the baby to have an identity once we know the gender. Name selection is so hard though. We want something unique, yet not weird. Then, you have to agree on the name once you figure out your favorite choices!
When I was 9 1/2 years old, my little brother was born. Weston will get to share the same experience of siblings as I did--with a small difference in the middle--Kylie! To me, he gets the best of both worlds. A friend to play with and a little sibling to mentor.

No comments: