Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ill-fated Weekend


I have some of the best intentions...and the worst results! I really wanted to get a lot accomplished this weekend--clean out the 5th bedroom, pick up the house, organize my office....the list goes on. Instead, I got sick. You know the throwing up, green feeling kind of sick. It was awful. I HATE feeling that way. But, I am hoping I have gotten it over with and can get on with my week. I have a busy week ahead of me, so I have to feel better!
Friday night Richie and I went to a going-away party of one of my dear friends, Amanda. She is leaving for Alabama in a couple of weeks for a new job and I am dearly going to miss her. She and I got our Master's degrees together and we experienced every Thursday evening with each other for nearly two years. She's been there through some family changes, job changes, moving, you name it. She is the most positive, uplifting person you will ever meet. She loves you for who you are--not who everyone wants you to be. The girl couldn't find a jealous bone in her body if she tried! I will dearly miss her, however I hope to go visit her while she's in Alabama. She only stays there for about 9 months and then she'll move to New Orleans permanently. So, good luck Amanda! You will be dearly missed!

No comments: