Sunday, November 25, 2007

Back to the Grind

Well, it never fails...a long weekend always comes to an end no matter how long it is! Hey, but I did get a few things accomplished this weekend! I have my tree assembled (looks like the Griswold tree on Christmas Vacation in my low-ceiling living room) and I got tons of Christmas shopping done! The kids are completely taken care of and now to just buy for those extremely difficult parents. I am ready for Christmas though...Richie and I watched some video of Christmas morning from '05 and '06 and it's still awesome to see how the kids really enjoy the magic of Christmas morning! I have such awesome kids!
I ventured out Friday morning for Black Friday...with the kids. Yes, it was dangerous considering the last time I went shopping on Black Friday. That was the day that I went off on the lady at Best Buy in 2002. Since then, I have avoided the stores on Black Friday knowing that I don't have the patience! But I decided I had had plenty of time to cool off (5 years), so I thought I would give it another shot. And it went awesome--the kids were such troopers. We were out of the house at 6:30 a.m. and didn't get home until after 5. I even had people compliment me on how well-behaved the kids were!
Well, I am turning in--the dog is asleep so I better catch up with him!

No comments: